Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have an 8th grade student. What are my options for public high schools within Portland Public?
Students entering high school in Portland Public have the following choices:
- attend your neighborhood high school (as assigned by your address)
- apply to attend 1 of Portland's 2 magnet schools, Benson Polytechnic High School or Jefferson Middle College, during the school choice window, which the dates for the transfer cycle will be posted in January.
For the PPS School Choice Application, click here.
2. How can I compare information about different high schools within Portland Public?
To view fact sheets on Portland Public's high schools, click here.
3. What is my neighborhood high school?
To find out your neighborhood high school, please click here.
4. What's available for summer enrichment and programming?
To see summer camps, classes, opportunities, and more, please click here.